Pink Entourage wants you to practice self-care in the month of May!
What is self-care?
Self-care is any activity that we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. It is sometimes overlooked, as we get busy in our day with daily task, helping others, busy schedules or work.
Why Should You Practice It?
Self-care is needed for anyones emotional, physical and mental health. Self-care tends to relieve stress in the body and promote serotonin, a hormone associated with feeling happy. Self-care can big or small gesture, as long at its self-serving in nature. However, as it positively impacts you, it can improve the lives of anyone around you because when you take care of yourself, you are a better person to others!
Here are some Pink Entourage approved Self-Care idea:
1. Go to the gym! Not only is going to gym good for your health and body, but your body releases endorphins that help relieve stress as well. Check out some of the local gyms right here in Nyack!
2. Give yourself a manicure or pedicure! As silly as this may sounds, saving 20-30 minutes a week to paint your toes and nails, is enough to kick start your self-care routine. Not to mention, you get to try a fabulous new nail color weekly!
3. Sit down, somewhere scenic, and just sit! As we become more busy, slowing down and enjoying the view seems like a waste of time. But reserving time in your day to enjoy the beauty the Earth offers, will relieve stress and give you a newfound appreciation for the world around you.
4. Cook breakfast - for yourself. As heads of households or mothers, we often spend our time getting our kids ready for school or catering to someone else's nutritional needs. But not anymore! Make a meal for you and eat without regret. It is okay to do something for yourself and indulge in your favorite food.
5. Do your makeup, for no special occasion, other than for you. Makeup is not just reserved for just date night with your significant other or for others to look at while you are at work. Get dolled up for yourself and enjoy your own view! Pink Entourage not only has custom makeup, but we also have makeup tutorial classes to teach you how to apply makeup. Take a class and show yourself your makeup skills!
6. Do things that make you happy! As we stretch ourselves thin with trying to appease others, we mustn't forget that self care is about making yourself happy, at the expense of no one else. If you like to knit, dance, cook or just plain sleep; do the little things that you enjoy.